Sunday, August 27, 2006

A whistle stop tour

Its been long since I blogged.A lot has happened since.I am recording this so that I may never forget the most eventful week in my life.
I went on a whistle stop trip of Trichy and Ambasamudram via Chennai,in 3 days flat,leaving Calcutta on 6th August and returning back on 9th August!!!
The highpoint of it was my visit to college,though it was for a few hours only.
I remember that on our final journey back in May somu and I were discussing that the true impression we had left on our juniors,of the life we had led,would only be known when we return back,based on the reception we get from them.
I must say I was really moved by the kind of reception I got and it made me feel that I have lived a meaningful life here.Walking alone all the way from gate to the hostels,I remembered that I had traversed that path hundreds of times,but never have I been more alive to the beauty that lay on the way-the delicate smell of moisture on the grass and neem blossoms on the trees outside Octa,the sights and sounds of mornings we harldy saw-than I was that day.It could have been my return from just another vacation,or a night out,for it all seemed so normal-only it wasnt.And that is the maddening aspect of life,it goes on as though nothing has changed.
The other indelible memory I will have is spending evernight on a bus.I spent more time travelling than anything else and its a miracle I got through it all.
Once back it was time for more shopping and packing till finally August 12th arrived.The account of that journey will be in my next post,for it was a horrendous one.

No comments: