Monday, September 03, 2007

5 years hence and the beginning of a new sem

Just to remind myself of another trivial milestone,September 3rd,2002 was the first day of college.When hostel rooms were allotted, and sitting in the Barn,seniors eyed us ominously from the sidelines.Grabbing the best cupboard and the best cot in the room,and then going down for the most horrifying meal of my entire life.It was pongal,I remember clearly, an unimaginable,unpalatable gooey substance,to be had with a little sugar by the side.I have often reflected that they never could produce a worse meal in 4 years.It must have been one sublime effort the first day,designed to make sure that it only gets better.
I can actually see myself as I was then-younger,foolish but also with a burning optimism and romanticism about life-something that is still unchanged I think.
Cutting short my wistful reminiscencing, new semester classes have begun.This semester promises to be interesting,exciting and tough.In fact my life has already moved up a gear in one week.I also had a lot of fun the past one month with the other NITTIans and it reinforced what I always felt,that its so easy to connect with people sharing a common past, even if you did not know them before.
My blogging might become infrequent now that classes have started.But if inspiration strikes,in the form of zip codes or the by-now-popular(notorious) Preetha-Preethi Propositioning Problem:D (notice the skillful use of alliteration here:),then I will not let that moment pass.
Here is hoping for good grades, good life and good research for this semester!

No comments: